HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020
ROCKY MOUNTAIN VINTAGERS and FRIENDS!
Our first event for the New Year will be an upland bird hunt at Colorado Wingsport, Upland Preserve, northwest of Brighton, Colorado Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Yours truly and three other Vintagers recently hunted on a portion of the 3-1/2 Sections of the CWS Preserve and, with our own dogs, had 24 points within 2-1/2 hours and 24 Pheasant downed and retrieved to hand (or almost "to hand"), and then returned to the Clubhouse for "beer on tap", plus snacks, provided by Wingsport. Sound good? It was!
Here's the Venue:
1. Arrive Colorado Wingsport at 10:30 a.m. for a 5-Stand Clays warm-up to start the day (if you'd like a "warm-up")
2. 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. BBQ Brisket Lunch will be served in the Clubhouse, sides included, patio dining available
3. 12:45 p.m. RMV Squads "boot up" in ORANGE and head for the Upland Fields with Guide and dogs in-tow
4. The Hunt begins at 1:00 p.m. - "Shoot-em if you see 'em" - there is no limit on Birds, but "Blue Sky" rule is in effect!
5. Around 4:00 p.m. start filtering back to the Clubhouse with game bags full; Guides will clean the birds if you want
6. Apres Social, Beer on Tap, Show and Tell, Scotch (BYO), cigars (on the patio), ProShop (Filson at 20% off!), etc.
7. 5:30 p.m. Headed for home after a great day afield at Colorado Wingsport!
Cost: $225.00 per Hunter; Guide gratuity is extra. We are limiting this event to 16 hunters, so 4 squads of 4 hunters each (already have 5 guys signed up). Make your reservations with me, email: renikkel@Q.com
Extra charges: If you shoot a Guide, it's $500.00; if a dog, it's $15,000.00! So keep your safeties "on" and your trigger finger alongside the trigger guard until a bird flushes. You know the drill. "Blue Sky" on all shots! There will always be another bird to shoot.
You will see Pheasant, Chukar and possibly a Quail or two; you many shoot at all bird that fly; no bag limit; just see that all Squad members get equal opportunities to shoot when dogs go on point. No shot larger than #6's (#7-1/2 is fine).
No muddy boots in the Clubhouse! So bring slippers or shoes for indoors.
Map and Directions: http://coloradowingsport.com/contact-us.html
Manager: Jason Krill, cell: (303) 637-0008
Special Note: We have a list of mostly Parker side-by-sides for sale. I'm having Rob Anderson put them up on our website. If you're in the market for a good Parker (or one very nice Winchester Model 21), let me know, and I'll send the list to you by "reply" mail. REN