GENERAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK OF INJURY OR DEATH
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
This General Release is made between the Rocky Mountain Vintagers, hereafter referred to as the Vintagers, and the Undersigned. The Undersigned may be a participant in a Vintager activity or may be an observer of an activity sponsored by the Vintagers.
The Undersigned states the following:
REPRESENTATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- That the Undersigned is over the age of eighteen years;
- That shooting firearms is an inherently dangerous activity;
- That shooting firearms and being in proximity of people shooting firearms have substantial dangers that are both inherent and non-inherent;
- That injuries resulting from shooting firearms or being in the proximity of people shooting firearms are reasonably foreseeable and may also be not reasonably foreseeable;
- That members, guests and all other participants in the shooting events sponsored by the Vintagers do shoot or may shoot firearms that are old and/or are antiques;
- That members, guests and all other participants in the shooting events sponsored by the Vintagers might use ammunition that is not factory manufactured and that is re-loaded or re-manufactured;
- That the Vintagers and its officers and directors, individually and collectively, have made no representations about and have undertaken no assessment of the skills of the participants in its sponsored activities. The Vintagers and its officers and directors do not monitor, inspect, judge or in any manner assess the safety of any firearms or ammunition used by any participant in its sponsored activities;
- That no action by the Vintagers is intended to be or shall be construed to create, assume or affirm any duty of the Vintagers to monitor, inspect, judge, assess, control or affirmatively vouch for the safety, competence or diligence of any participant or of the weapons and/or ammunition used by any participant;
- That the Undersigned clearly and unambiguously intends to and shall assume all risks, inherent and non-inherent, foreseeable and not foreseeable, related to the shooting events and activities sponsored by the Vintagers;
- That the Undersigned has read this General Release of Liability or has had the opportunity to do so, and having read the General Release of Liability or having voluntarily not read the General Release of Liability does knowingly, intentionally and freely engage in the activities of the Vintagers with full knowledge of their risks and with full knowledge of the terms and conditions and limitations imposed by this General Release of Liability or has waived its right to be informed of the terms and conditions and limitations imposed by this General Release of Liability.
NOW THEREFORE, the Undersigned does grant this General Release of Liability. It is the express intention of the Undersigned to release and extinguish the liability of the Vintagers and its officers and directors, from any and all negligence including any gross negligence as permitted by law, whether from any action or inaction or from an inherent or non-inherent risk in the shooting sports sponsored by the Vintagers, whether or not such risk of harm is reasonably foreseeable.
This extinguishing of liability shall be in the event the Undersigned suffers any injury or damage of any kind and nature and shall also include injury occurring to anyone under the Undersigned’s control or for whom it has a legal obligation for care and protection, whether as parent, custodian, guardian or whether in any other legally cognizable capacity. The Undersigned furthermore represents and warrants that it shall indemnify and hold the Vintagers harmless for all damages, costs, legal fees and expenses of every type from any claim in law or in equity that may be brought by any person for whom this release is not legally binding if such person is a person for whom the Undersigned has control or for whom the Undersigned has a legal obligation for care and protection, whether as parent, custodian, guardian or whether in any other legally cognizable capacity.
The Undersigned further acknowledges that this General Release of Liability shall be effective for all future activities sponsored by the Vintagers and that it need not be re-signed or reaffirmed.